radscraps

Monday, January 5, 2009

Where have I been???

Well, where do I begin to explain where I have been and what I have learned in the past 5 months.

Ironically, the last time that I posted to my blog was the day that my life as I knew it got completely turned upside down and stripped from me. That was the horrible day that my husband of over 13 years came home and told me the dreaded, "I don't love you anymore." Turns out that yes, even at the age of 33 you can be traded in on that little 20 year old. No seriously...... not kidding! She is 20 and has a three year old! Along with losing my husband, he also let the house that we owned go into forclosure. So the children and I with the help of our amazing friends and family moved into a rental house and have begun the daily struggle of survival. We have had huge peaks and valleys, but life goes on. We will survive, and perhaps come out better for it. I have discovered through this journey that I am a lot stronger than I thought I was. The other discovery was how absolutely wonderful my friends are! Talk about sticking with you through thick and thin! Blessings and angels are what I feel I have around me. Bags brimming to the top with groceries, unexpected money appearing when the utilities are being shut off, strangers that love you enough to adopt you and make sure that your children have a spark or happiness on Christmas morning where if not for them there would be nothing but love to offer . The best blessing was truly an act of our loving God. In a day when people with Masters degrees are applying at fast food restaurants and being turned away, I was blessed with a job working as a book keeper for an really wonderful and caring man. Things are looking up. I have tried to squash the hurt and pain, and have began mending my relationship with Tommy, my husband. Even after all of the hurt and pain he has caused this family, and the absolutely horrid way he has behaved. At the end of the day there needs to be a common ground for us to meet on and raise our children together. It really sucks being the bigger person most of the time, but my kids are going to benefit in the long run and perhaps so will the two of us.

The wonderful and fabulous, Julia, who has helped me through some of the darkest hours came over and said it was time and performed a "scrapbooking intervention" on me! Must have worked because in no time I was ripping, distressing, and inking to my hearts content. Kind of like riding a bike. For those few hours I actually felt whole for a lack of better words. They aren't the greatest layouts, but it was a start!

I have have heard from a few of you that you have been following my blog, but there hasn't been anything new for quite some time. Well those days are over. The Beckmeister is back!

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2009 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Amy López said...

Hey Becky, I know we don't really know eachother but we have swapped together at WOL. Just wanted to say Hold on to HIM, God will carry you through and direct your steps. Hope to see you at scrapnight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home